Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Google Chrome acting up lately for anyone else?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Is Google Chrome acting up lately for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    Gecko-mediaplayer is the most useful multimedia plugin for Linux
    thanks for the heads up.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mreq View Post
    Why would you ever use Google's instead of Chromium? I had absolutely no problems over X years using it. I even copied the PDF plugin from Google's deb
    Can you even call that chromium anymore?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

I think Chrome and Chromium are in the middle. I use w3m for browsing when I don't want plugins, and I use Firefox which has plenty more plugins when I want them.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

OK, after using Firefox a bit, I've changed my mind about it being inferior to Chrome. At first, what I saw was a very fat and ugly layout. Then after customizing it, I see it has potential, Untick show menu bar, to get a Chrome gears like button saying 'Firefox' in your tab bar. Cool. That alone is a massive reduction of screen space. Then I searched for themes but what they call themes these days, useless travel photos, ain't my idea of themes, and the old themes section were mostly outdated for new version of FF, but fortunately I found the Gnome 3 integration extension and that beautified things immensely (Shell users, take note). Then I found one of my favourite ever extensions, Tab Mix Plus, I missed you! Then the usual productivity enhancers, FastestFox, CoolPreviews (shows you preview of any website or photo or content via a button near your links on mouseover), and AdBlock, etc. That was fine, but I found an extension that has made me a real fan, it's named 'Location Bar Enhancer' and it turns your address bar into a breadcrumbs like layout that you can interact with and do all sorts of funny and useful things with. Layout is looking much nicer - beautiful - on my desktop after customizing, and I think I can use this as a replacement for Chrome after all, if it turns out to be more stable.

Beans

I use chromium with no issues at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123