Thread: Any Linux laptop vendor sell model with trackpoint mouse?

Beans

Any Linux laptop vendor sell model with trackpoint mouse?

I'm looking to buy a Linux laptop to run Ubuntu, but strongly prefer trackpoint (aka pointing stick aka keyboard nub) mouses. Do any of the Linux laptop vendors have a model that has a trackpoint? I've already confirmed that System76 doesn't: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2138086

I know that Dell sells laptops with Linux support, and they do offer some with trackpoint mouses, but I've had bad experiences with Dells.

I also know that Lenovo sells a number of models with trackpoint mouses that I could install Linux on, and other major companies offer trackpoint models. However, I really want to buy from a Linux laptop vendor. Part of that is wanting to support vendors who support our community and not wanting to pay the Microsoft tax, but mostly I just want a laptop that I'm not going to have to fiddle with to get everything working.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Any Linux laptop vendor sell model with trackpoint mouse?

I thought Lenovo was pretty much the only company left that sold laptops with trackpoints.
    According to those who have owned them (I haven't yet) you'll be getting a great quality machine with Lenovo too.