Thread: Linux Mint Installer Hangs

Beans

Linux Mint Installer Hangs

I'm giving Mint 14 Cinnamon a try on my new laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Z585). I burned the ISO onto a DVD and am booting from there to install. The problem is, when I select "Install Linux Mint", it goes to a blank grey screen and just kind of hangs there. This happens in various forms when I try to install in compatibility mode and run an integrity check. In short, I can't run the installer. Does anyone know why this is happening. I'm installing Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon x64 and burned it on a DVD using Cyberlink Power2Go (which is what came on my laptop; if anyone knows a better program for burning, I'd be willing to try it out.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; April 30th, 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Linux Mint Installer Hangs

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I would burn the DVD again as a first step. After installing countless distros I've found that sometimes things just don't get burnt right. I've used the free version of PowerIso which has a burn function for a while now and it seems to do good job. Make sure you burn at 4x speed and use the verify burn check box. It might take a couple minutes more but it's well worth it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pootan View Post
    I would burn the DVD again as a first step. After installing countless distros I've found that sometimes things just don't get burnt right. I've used the free version of PowerIso which has a burn function for a while now and it seems to do good job. Make sure you burn at 4x speed and use the verify burn check box. It might take a couple minutes more but it's well worth it.
    I tried this but to no avail. I doubt it has anything to do with the ISO, either, since I downloaded it directly from Mint's website (unless the mirror was bad?) and I know that it is the right architecture for my CPU as well.

Beans

From the live session open Software center > all files and search for ubiquity-slideshow. Click the remove button and wait for it to finish. Then try to install mint again. I've had to do this on three different computers. Hope it helps you.

Beans

The problem is, I can't even get to the demo in the live session. This occurs as soon as I start Linux Mint. I don't get anything.

Beans

My mistake. I thought you were trying to install from the live desktop. If you can"t get the desktop to load I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry.