Wubi - corrupted Ubuntu 12.10 / 13.04 - and windows 7/8
I've really made a mess here - hope somebody can help me. I would like to get rid of my current currupted Wubi Ubuntu installation. Can you help me?
My laptop was born with Windows Vista. Then some time ago I added a Wubi Ubuntu - I think it was 11.10 or 12.04.
This dual boot worked fine - and now I started to make the mess...
What did I do..?
- I upgraded Wubi Ubuntu from 11.10 to 12.04 from via the software updater inside Ubuntu. Everything was ok with Ubuntu and Windows Vista
- I upgraded Wubi Ubuntu from 12.04 to 12.10 from via the software updater inside Ubuntu. Everything was ok with Ubuntu and Windows Vista
- I upgraded Windows Vista to Windows 8 using the Windows update program. I had to reinstall Windows programs. Everything was ok with Ubuntu and Windows 8
- I upgraded Wubi Ubuntu from 12.10 to 13.04 from via the software updater inside Ubuntu. Now Ubuntu is a mess but Windows 8 ok
I have to add, I did not see if the upgrade went well - and maybe my laptop even ran out of batteri while updating. Very smart, huh!
Anyway... Now I can see that Wubi does not support version 13,04 at all. So not smart trying to update to that version from a Wubi install.
What is wrong..?
- Now my Ubuntu installation is corrupted. It is partly ver 12,10 and 13,04
- When logging in to Ubuntu a lot of error messages appear saying that a system problem has occured
- There is not network support in Ubuntu any more. It says that network is not supported by this Ubuntu version
- Windows 8 boots fined - but there is no "Ubuntu" entry in the control panel section "install/uninstall programs", so I cannot uninstall it. There was a "Ubuntu" entry in Windows Vista, but that has disappeared when upgrading to Windows 8
...As you see, I've been really smart (read: lazy) always to update the system in stead of performing clean installs.
Now I would like to get rid of that corrupt Wubi Ubuntu installation - and only boot into Windows 8. Anybody who knows how to do that? (After that I'll run Ubuntu 13,04 from a USB stick).
Thanks very much...
No matter where you are - there you are