Hello all!

I've recently set up a VM with Ubuntu for some work related projects. I initially started with the install for 12.04, but once installed to the VM's harddisk image and I tried to run it normally it told me it had to run in Low Graphics Mode. When I try to run "startx", it gets part way through the Start/Stop Services and then hard freezes.

I tried to install 10.04 and update to 12.04 to see if that made a difference and, huzzah! All worked well! I spent a day or two setting up all of the required applications and downloading everything I needed and it started working away. No problems, thus far and I could boot it up normally.

Today, I came in and that same install is back to square one... It runs in Low Graphics Mode and freezes!!

This is exceptionally aggravating, since I lost all of that progress and those few days getting it to work.

I'm new to Linux in general so if it involves any commands, assume I know nothing Linux related.

I've searched around these forums for similar problems but I can't find anything relevant.

Here's what I've got running in case it makes a difference:
Win7 x86
Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.12
Ubuntu 12.04