Thread: Google Chrome Graphics Glitches After Upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Google Chrome Graphics Glitches After Upgrade

So I did a search for "chrome 13.04" and nothing specifically relating to this issue popped up.

I did an in-place upgrade from 12.10 to 13.04. I used Google Chrome in 12.10 with no issues. Upon upgrading however, I am getting some random graphical glitches. I've attached a photo of one of them I get on Facebook. It seems to happen in the same spots, but the graphical glitch will be different. In this screenshot it happens to be surrounding an embedded flash applet, but I've seen it affect non-flash elements on different web pages as well. I'm using the open source graphics drivers on a built-in ATI graphics card in my HP Pavilian P6803w tower because AMD doesn't make a driver that supports my card on the newer versions of Xorg.
    chromebusted.jpg
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

Beans

Re: Google Chrome Graphics Glitches After Upgrade

As "AMD Victim" you could buy an Geforce 610M passive cooled, for example. (It's PCI-E).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by davidbaumann View Post
    As "AMD Victim" you could buy an Geforce 610M passive cooled, for example. (It's PCI-E).
    I'm guessing the proprietary drivers work in 13.04? About how much would one run me?
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

Beans

How much you have to pay, is dependant on the county, I guess
    As long as I can remember, NV Drivers were always much better. It's almost funny when you read the readme of the newest NV Drivers: "Attention, only supports GF2 MX or higher".