Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with intel HD 4000 (solved after upgrade to 12.04)

Beans

Problems with intel HD 4000 (solved after upgrade to 12.04)

hi , i am having strange spikes when i activate gnome menu (it have water effect) or moving from panel menu to another . even writting freez sometimes for 3 sec and display 8 letter u wrote once !
    last thing which lead me to write this topic , is that a youtube video is spiking too !!

this is the out put of $ lshw |grep VGA :
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 0166 (rev 09)

how to test my vga ? or to get any more info
    i tried to install intel graphis but it required this " dependency is not satisfiable libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.31.18)
    1: can i install intel graphic's on my ubuntu 11.10 ?
    2: how to test my vga performance ?

## notice that my vga should be installed since my dell laptop came with ubuntu installed on it (here is some photos)

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

as u can see the dell recovery too ( do u think they forgot intel driver or what ? )
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by abdorefky; May 22nd, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Beans

Re: Problems with intel HD 4000

how come no one know any thing ?
    if i am at wrong section then move me !!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You will find that complaining about not getting helped will usually only delay getting helped even further, because no one wants to help someone who expects to be helped immediately after they post. On the forums is is considered poor conduct to bump your thread more than once per day. Where I live, I've only been awake for about 4 hours. While your post was 15 hours ago, I was asleep for most of that time. Please realize that the support you get from here is from people all around the world who are VOLUNTEERS. No one is obligated to help you, but we will if we can. And just because no one posts immediately, it doesn't mean that no one knows a sulotion. I only check the forums every few days, and I suspect that most members down check more than onec per day. So if they don't see your post then they won't reply to it right away. Anyway, let's get started.

Can you expand on the "spikes"? I'm guessing you mean CPU spikes. How high does the cpu go? When I watch youtube videos my CPU "spikes" too. It goes up to about 60% until the video finishes buffering. Same with using the water effect.

Has this behavior always existed or did it just begin?

What kind of hardware are you running? What kind of computer? How old is it?

EDIT: If you have Intel HD 4000 you must have a new processor. If you do, why are you using an older version of ubuntu? Also, I would consider thinking of upgrading to a more current release like 12.04, because 11.10 is reaching end of life in may, just a few weeks away, when it will no longer recieve updates.

Good luck,

Kopkins
    Last edited by Kopkins; April 29th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

Beans

Dell - inspiron 5520
    i3-3110M , 4 GB ram 1600 MHZ , temp is 51
    my cpu usage while playing a video is 9-15 % at 1200 MHZ . that the load on buffering and playing at the same time .
    Last edited by abdorefky; April 30th, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Can you try booting in fallback graphics mode? Select the recovery entry in the grub menu while booting, then select resume boot. See if your issues are still there. I would also see if you can reproduce the problem on a live cd. Try a live cd of 12.04 or something. 9-15% is pretty normal in my book as far as streaming and buffering video goes, but freezing is not.

Good Luck,

Kopkins

Beans

this behavior exist from the beginning ,
    the spike's that happened is that screen display hang for 2 or 3 sec !!

the youtube videos started to hang every 20 sec , it was clear since i installed dark shine theme , but the hang on happened on the video only , and the video sound continue playing while the video screen hang !!!!

but the typing also hang !! while you typing u will find the screen hang and for 3 sec u see nothing of what u are still typing and suddenly many letter appear once !! . this could not happened on pentium !!!

btw , what's your pc hardware ? u already have a high pc usage unlike me .

Beans

i have edited post 4 to include laptop model
    alright i will try a live cd , stupid from me that i haven't tried that .

i have no idea about fallback graphics mode ;/ . also my grub doesn't show up . because i only have ubuntu

u asked why i dont upgrade . u can find all the info here
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2136677

Beans
    Distro

Try holding shift after the bios passes, I think that should bring up the grub menu.

I have a Macbook Pro 8GB RAM intel i5-sandybridge

Beans

what a great key to show the grub menu
    now i can log into previous version also got rest ubuntu to factory setting
    but i can't find fallback graphics mode.
    -----------
    i have tried ubuntu 12.10 remix , and it work perfectly . but i can't upgrade also
    how can i know that intel driver is installed or not ? should i install driver or shouldn't since 12.10 worked with out installed driver

Beans

i had downloaded system profiler to display my laptop information and it gave me those

display :
    resolution : 1366x768
    vendor : the X.org foundation
    verion : 1.10.4

OpenGL :
    vendor :unkown
    renderer :unkown
    version :unkown
    Direct rendering : NO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast