I've been using Ubuntu for a few months now and the transition to 13.04 was very, very positive in many ways. I can't see myself using another distro in the near future as I absolutely love the Dash, the launcher, Software Center etc. The one thing that bothers me more than anything, though, is the new Nautilus.

This new version for the previously workable file manager literally makes me feel frustrated when using my computer now. When you start typing letters in a directory, trying to find a file like you normally could do (even in Windows, let alone Nautilus 3.4), it rather uses the search feature which takes a longer amount of time to work and looks for files in subdirectories too, which can be extremely confusing when looking for the actual desired file. I can't even press backspace to go up one level now! I know they tried to eliminate "unnecessary" features to keep it simple and maybe get it to work in a mobile environment too, but I fail to realize how these features are unnecessary by any means.

So, just came by to ask what's your opinion about it, and which file browser would be a better alternative for now?