Thread: Weird background problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Weird background problem.

Ubuntu 13.04, Two nVidia Geforce 9500 GTX'es SLI.

On Release Upgrade from 12.10 to 13.04 > Unity and Gnome Classic was fine. Gnome3 went to a background image with no taskbar nor any effects. I could bring up a terminal via hot keys to launch app's but there were no window decorations nor menu bars... No way to close them nor to log out of the session except via hot-keys.

Reinstalled Gnome3. All is well again EXCEPT for the background image in Gnome3. All the screen decorations and effects are working again, but the background is dark grey = no image. System settings says an image is selected. If I change the image, it does not display... and then if I go to Gnome Classic or Unity, the background is black. I go to the system settings background utility and reselect the image... and it appears in Gnome Classic and in Unity. But still not in Gnome3. It does not want to display a background. Frustrating, that it "is" working fine in Gnome Classic and in Unity.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; April 28th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Weird background problem.

Gconf... Set desktop control to file manager = off...

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Weird background problem.

This sounds very much like my problem. I can not find the 'desktop control'.

The only diff I see is I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.

Suggestion?
    D
    "Let us run the risk of wearing out rather than rusting out." __Theodore Roosevelt