Re: Ubuntu Raring 13.04: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
I did an "in-place" upgrade from 12.10
- Like some of the new icons better than the old ones.
- The "files" application that replaced the home icon seems to open a bit faster, and the new look/icons on the left pane are nice.
- None of my 3rd party applications were broken and still function normally after the upgrade. (With one minor caveat, see "Ugly")
- My wife, who isn't terribly techy, didn't even notice I had upgraded the computer.
- Google Chrome has this issue where some things (not always flash) look all garbled, like an old NES cartridge when it freezes mid-game or something.
- There seems to be some weird flash issues that did not exist for me in 12.10. I've had some flakey issues with both peppermint flash and the Adobe flash from the Ubuntu repos. In 12.10, the Ubuntu release of Adobe flash worked fine, and for the most part it still does, but I had a video freeze in fullscreen, and had to CTRL+ALT+F1, issue a "killall firefox", then CTRL+ALT+F7 back in order to regain control of my computer.
Last edited by gerowen; April 29th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-- Mark Twain