Thread: having fun with scammers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

having fun with scammers!

Phone call yesterday afternoon:

“Dis Microsof tegnical support: (hmmm) Reported you have bad virus on computer an you need have fix.”
    I say: “Don’t use Microsoft” and start laughing,
    He gets flustered: What kine …. (couldn’t understand) … you got?
    I come back (having trouble talking because I’m laughing so hard) . “I do not use Microsoft, I use Ubuntu Linux.”
    He comes back: “You need let me fix virus .. let me get on you computer.”
    By then my sides are beginning to hurt from laughing so hard .. so I just hang up.

Lesson:
    Dear scammer, if you are going to try and scam people so you can get into their computers, AT LEAST get someone on the phone that uses English as AT LEAST a second language level .. not the third or fourth language !

Beans

Re: having fun with scammers!

I lost count of this kind of threads. Was fun the first time, not the umpteenth time.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Majorix View Post
    I lost count of this kind of threads. Was fun the first time, not the umpteenth time.
    setup xp in a virtualbox for them and cap the cpu usage at 100Mhz or less, or what ever the lowest it will boot with is, leave zip files that have names that sound like stuff they will want on it that have stuff no one ever wants to see, stuff that would make you wish you were blind, and/or fill them full of viruses, get it loading a snapshot every time it reboots
    if you can cap the net speed on virtualbox do that at some dial-up level
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

^^So have I.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

Get ready to change your phone number. It was the only way I could stop it,went on for a couple of years.
    Nothing I said to them made any difference.

eddie

Beans

^
    You should have just hung up.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    setup xp in a virtualbox for them and cap the cpu usage at 100Mhz or less, or what ever the lowest it will boot with is, leave zip files that have names that sound like stuff they will want on it that have stuff no one ever wants to see, stuff that would make you wish you were blind, and/or fill them full of viruses, get it loading a snapshot every time it reboots
    if you can cap the net speed on virtualbox do that at some dial-up level
    Who has this much time on their hands?
    That's what she said.