Thread: Lubuntu 13.04 "Test disk" doesn't complete.

Beans

Lubuntu 13.04 "Test disk" doesn't complete.

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest Lubuntu but when I boot it from USB and try the "Test disk for defects" option the test never finishes.

I downloaded the iso file and tested the md5sum and that is fine.

Next I wrote the iso image to a 1gb flash drive using Unetbootin, and again it seemed to work fine.

But when I boot from the flash drive and run the "Test disk" option, the test never completes, even after I left it going for 80 minutes. There was no error message, nor a success message, and it seems a little fishy to me, that the test doesn't complete.

My flash drive is quite old, although it has had very little use.

I've tried burning the iso image twice now, with the same results.

Is this a bug with the current release, or does it indicate my flash drive is faulty?

I'm reluctant to go ahead and install, when I've not gotten an "all clear" from the disk test.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Lubuntu 13.04 "Test disk" doesn't complete.

Since you already have downloaded and checked the MD5Sum as well as burned it to a flash drive, why don't you take the OS for a test drive. Boot from the flash drive and try Lubuntu without actually installing it. You can check to see if everything is working. I always do that before I install anyway.
    Rex
    ASUS EeePC 1000h with Lubuntu 14.04 and Lubuntu 15.04
    Dell Inspiron 1000 with Lubuntu 14.04

Beans

Re: Lubuntu 13.04 "Test disk" doesn't complete.

Tbanks for the reply Rex. I have done that and it seems to work ok. But I'd be more reassured if it passed the disk check. Might just install it anyway with no answer here, hell with it, what is the worst that could happen.