Thread: Embedded fonts not shown in Firefox 20 after upgrade to 13.04 from 12.10

Beans

Exclamation Embedded fonts not shown in Firefox 20 after upgrade to 13.04 from 12.10

After upgrade ubuntu to 13.04 from Ubuntu 12.10 the websites with embedded fonts not shown in firefox but show fine in Chromium and Epiphany. look at the following pictures to understand me better:

Firefox (not shown the fonts)

Chromium (work fine)

Epiphany (work fine)

This is my second day searching on the web, but can not find a solution

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Embedded fonts not shown in Firefox 20 after upgrade to 13.04 from 12.10

maybe you can take smaller screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I'm using Firefox 21 beta and that page works correctly for me.
    Do you use the NoScript extension? Just as by default NS blocks font-face attributes.

Beans

I'm also having this same problem on one of my machines with 13.04 and not other. I'm running Firefox 21 (from the mozillateam/firefox-next ppa) both, and I'd love to know if anyone's figured out why this is happening.

Beans

Same problem here, and had the problem in Raring, too. I don't know what is causing the issue but it might be because Firefox uses fontconfig and WebKit does not?
    Perhaps if we downgrade Fontconfig to the version in Quantal it works?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    maybe you can take smaller screenshots
    lol!!!

but seriously, the error persists after a few days and try the firefox with extensions disabled and also happens with firefox download from the official website. Try and aurora versions and happend the same. I send the bug to launchpad mozilla and I say they can not reproduce the error ...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Have you created a new blank firefox profile and tested with that?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JMB74 View Post
    Have you created a new blank firefox profile and tested with that?
    Yes, but searching for google a few minutes ago I found this link that talks about the bug - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=946859

Same thing happens to me, I use the package fontconfig 2.10.92-0ubuntu1~13.04~ricotz1 included in ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3-staging (I use the GS, I hate unity) and is causing the error appears. I'll try removing the ppa and making a regression of the packages.

Beans

After much wandering around and discover the cause of the error, I could solve my problem, but not the cleanest way ...

When I discovered that the error was caused by the version of fontconfig that I had installed, delete the repository where was, so the first thing was to follow the instructions recommended in the ppa to remove

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge libpam-​​systemd
    sudo apt-get install libpam-​​xdg-support
    then uninstall the repository ppa: gnome3-team/gnome3-staging
    Code:
    sudo ppa-purge ppa: gnome3-team/gnome3-staging
    and then to be safer
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ubuntu-gnome-desktop ubuntu-gnome-default-settings
    Now all work fine