Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: how to change repos to Saucy

Beans

Re: how to change repos to Saucy

I've decided to update to saucy too. I've got the repos with the commands, but I've yet to get any updates. Do different mirrors vary in the timing of the updates? I don't use the main server due to download issues.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cflow View Post
    I've decided to update to saucy too. I've got the repos with the commands, but I've yet to get any updates. Do different mirrors vary in the timing of the updates? I don't use the main server due to download issues.
    Yes, there can be delays. See here for yours.

Beans

That's very good to know. Thanks!

Looking at the page, I guess I will have wait at least a day for the server I use to update again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Didn't work for me...in fact, it reverted back to raring again...so at least it didn't break my software updater but on the hand, it didn't switch to saucy...
    Is there another way to upgrade? Otherwise i think i will have to forget about it...I really wish they had that new way to change it available, but i suspect it won't be ready for some time...
    Last edited by craig10x; April 26th, 2013 at 06:31 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

As you might know, its a bit too early after Raring release to get Saucy. I suppose a week or so is needed before having Saucy packages landing into the yet created but empty repos.

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/saucy/

So if you are so exited to upgrade to something that is not yet existant, check again your brain to know if following a fake "good howto" is clever or not.

Beans
    Distro

After changing the Repos to Saucy I'm unable to open the Software & Updates app through Dash or via the Software Sauces option in the Software Centre and keep getting an error when I try to open Software & Updates via the Software Sauces option in Software Centre.

Screenshot from 2013-04-26 07:27:43.jpg

How do I fix this, preferably without having to do a re-install?

Roland
    Toshiba Satellite Running Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Read #15 above

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

you only should have "raring"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Have you changed all to saucy?

Even if you HAVE, If you do:

sudo apt-get update

in a terminal, you may see that there are a few entries in the sources.list that fail to fetch as they haven't had their saucy equivalents created on the mirrors yet.

For me that is happening with the "partner" repo.

i.e. W: Failed to fetch http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/...amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.150 80]

For now, if you comment out the sources.list entries that are failing to fetch, then should fix it.

Alternatively, just do upgrades via apt-get etc which will flag up the error, but carry on regardless.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by roly33 View Post
    After changing the Repos to Saucy I'm unable to open the Software & Updates app through Dash or via the Software Sauces option in the Software Centre and keep getting an error when I try to open Software & Updates via the Software Sauces option in Software Centre.

Screenshot from 2013-04-26 07:27:43.jpg

How do I fix this, preferably without having to do a re-install?

Roland
    Fixed it by removing all reference to Raring from ubuntu.info and the Software & Update App opens with all repos replaced with Saucy and Software Sauces option in Software Centre no longer gives an error.

Roland
    Toshiba Satellite Running Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by JMB74 View Post
    Have you changed all to saucy?

Even if you HAVE, If you do:

sudo apt-get update

in a terminal, you may see that there are a few entries in the sources.list that fail to fetch as they haven't had their saucy equivalents created on the mirrors yet.

For me that is happening with the "partner" repo.

i.e. W: Failed to fetch http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/...amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.150 80]

For now, if you comment out the sources.list entries that are failing to fetch, then should fix it.

Alternatively, just do upgrades via apt-get etc which will flag up the error, but carry on regardless.

I always get "404 Not Found" since 11.10 alpha...normal behaviour for pre-alpha. Dino99 is right, don't be an idiot like me. ( ._.)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast