Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 Upgrade!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 Upgrade!

Just wondering. I have the Serval Pro running 10.04LTS and wonder if I can make the upgrade to 13.04 or just stay at 12.04. I am not a big fan of the new interface in 12.04 so I switched it back to what I am comfortable with. Can this be done with 13.04 or are you stuck with the Unity interface.

Beans

I am pretty sure you can use whatever DE you like, be it KDE, Gnome3, XFCE, etc. But I am not sure you can go from 10.04 to 13.04 directly as a distribution upgrade.

Beans

I tried the upgrade on my GP7, bought wiht 12.04, and upgraded to 12.10.and it took at least two hours, and I notice a file not found message when booting. I suspect it came from the GRUB loader. I backed up my files, download an 13.04 iso, and reinstalled, along with reinstalling the filesystem, in under 30 minutes. Shoud have done that first. thanks to tonyr2k8 for posting the news on the 3.2.8 driver as it was not there Saturday when I last checked System 76. I have it installed now.

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    Alright! The new version of Ubuntu was just released this morning, and everything is looking good. System76 users are clear to upgrade immediately!

Just a couple of notes, as always:

• Fresh installs and online upgrades with Software Updater are good to go.
    • Don't forget to install the System76 Driver after installation! Just go to http://planet76.com and click the download link to automatically grab the latest version!

That should be everything. The direct upgrade instructions are located at: Ubuntu 13.04 Upgrade.
    Well, that was a bummer! I ran the Ubuntu upgrade option on my Lemur, and when the system tried to reboot it came up with a "file not found" error and that's the end of the boot No further info showing (at best, I got a grub menu and choosing "ubuntu" brought the "error: file not found.hit any key to continue" message - hitting any key did not produce any visible effect). Obviously, I'll have to do a fresh install, as I don't even know how to identify what file might be missing in the first place (and I don't se how I could find that out, even by booting from a live CD/DVD). I'll do that as soon as I get an ISO of 13.04, AND I have the time, but it would be nice if there was a simple solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by philbert View Post
    I tried the upgrade on my GP7, bought wiht 12.04, and upgraded to 12.10.and it took at least two hours, and I notice a file not found message when booting. I suspect it came from the GRUB loader. I backed up my files, download an 13.04 iso, and reinstalled, along with reinstalling the filesystem, in under 30 minutes. Shoud have done that first. thanks to tonyr2k8 for posting the news on the 3.2.8 driver as it was not there Saturday when I last checked System 76. I have it installed now.
    My take home lesson here then is to probably download the 12.04 iso and upgrade from that disk onto my Serval Pro, then download the System76 driver, eh? I am not terribly interested in these in-between versions, I prefer to stick with LTS releases. I think I may go that route. Any observations?

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 6.06

Well, even though I am not as put off by Unity as I was at first, I'd still much rather use KDE, Cinnamon, or LXDE, depending on the system - no need to use Unity at all: this is not Windows, you know - you can choose whatever interface works for you!

Beans

I originally had the 3.2.6 driver installed. Did a new clean install and used the 3.2.7 package. The keys now work.

Thank you System76

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

When I use Software Updater I get the following window - Failed to Download Repository Information - Check your Internet Connection My connection is very good.

I have several problems since upgrading to 13.03 three days ago and I am concerned I am missing on updates to fix them.

OK - I have fixed the problem now
    Last edited by Alan.Brown; April 29th, 2013 at 06:19 AM.
    HP-200-5220a - Pentium Dual Core - 3GHz x 2
    LinuxMint 17.2

Acer 5750Z - Intel Dual Core - 2.1GHz x 2

Windows 10

Beans

I've moved back to 12.04 LTS as well for the time being. It (along with the latest System76 Driver) installs and works flawlessly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dkhinkle View Post
    I've moved back to 12.04 LTS as well for the time being. It (along with the latest System76 Driver) installs and works flawlessly.
    We do recommend running the latest version, and we now have a fix for the WiFi and Bluetooth issues on your Gazelle.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast