Thread: Is there a way to integrate Banshee instead of Rhythmbox in the sys tray in Ubuntu 12

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Is there a way to integrate Banshee instead of Rhythmbox in the sys tray in Ubuntu 12

Hi All,

Please let me know if there is a way to integrate Banshee instead of Rhythmbox in the sys tray in Ubuntu 12.10. I have uninstalled Rhythmbox and installed Banshee and it is currently selected as my default player but still it is not showing up in the system tray like Rhythmbox.

I already tried a solution provided on this website (http://askubuntu.com/questions/74038...tray-for-gnome) but when I do the third code mentioned on the webpage I get an error. Below is the code and the error message.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-shell-extensions-mediaplayer I get the below message.

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package gnome-shell-extensions-mediaplayer
    Is there any other way I can integrage Banshee in the system tray like Rhythmbox. Please help.
    Last edited by tlotr; April 25th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Is there a way to integrate Banshee instead of Rhythmbox in the sys tray in Ubunt

Hi All,

I am so sorry but this is resolved. There is an option in Bashee under preference "Show Banshee in the Sound Menu" after checking that now I can see Banshee in the system tray under sound menu.