Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu.com redesign

Beans

Re: Ubuntu.com redesign

I reread Jono Bacon's comment. In my opinion, it doesn't read well. I wish things were worded differently.
    Folks, hold your horses.
    Implies haste on someone else's part. What really happened was that the status quo was changed based on the input of twelve testers.
    The position or prominence of the word 'Community' on ubuntu.com does not have a direct correlation to the importance of the community in the eyes of Canonical or Ubuntu leadership. In other words, just because you don't see Community in the header doesn't mean we suddenly don't care about the community any more.
    Below the fold!
    I do however think that the position and prominence of the word 'community' on ubuntu.com is an important discussion that we should have, ... at the next UDS; the very place designed to have those discussions.
    Then what about the change already made?
    ... Emotive ranting ... bickering ...
    Unfortunate choice of words.
    Finally, don't get too wrapped up on 'Won't Fix': people always flip out about 'Won't Fix'.
    More of the same.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post

I haven't contributed at all to "Ubuntu" but my sympathies are with those members of the community who have done so selflessly over the years..
    Yes you have.

Or were the support posts you seem to have made a mistake

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Wow. That's crazy. I just read through those comments. This is very discouraging. I've always had a pretty high respect for Jono Bacon, but it seems like he's throwing us under a bus to keep the peace with his coworkers.

Benjamin Kerensa made a great point when he said that it's not the Canonical web site; it's Ubuntu's web site. Ubuntu is the community supported OS. Canonical is the one selling products, not Ubuntu.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

They pay his wages. He's gotta tow the company line if he wants to put food on the table. I wonder how long before this thread gets locked or buried in an sub-obscure forum. This sort of topic usually doesn't go down too well with those at the top. They don't like people questioning things.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mr john View Post
    They pay his wages. He's gotta tow the company line if he wants to put food on the table. I wonder how long before this thread gets locked or buried in an sub-obscure forum. This sort of topic usually doesn't go down too well with those at the top. They don't like people questioning things.
    We're starting an insurrection to stick it to the man!

Just joking.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

mmmm - let's see, one admin jails another admins thread ...

apart from which - we feel the same way

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    mmmm - let's see, one admin jails another admins thread ...

apart from which - we feel the same way
    Right. The leaders of the forums are the ones who have more reason to be concerned with this than almost anyone. The only people who would want to shut this down would be the people over Jono Bacon, and they're never going to look at this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I wonder how long before this thread gets locked or buried in an sub-obscure forum. This sort of topic usually doesn't go down too well with those at the top. They don't like people questioning things.
    Really? Do you have any evidence of someone "at the top" closing threads on the forums?

Beans

Sad. I thought the people like Jono were sensible. Oh well, it seems all the time I took to answer those support questions I answered on this forumwere wastes of my time.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by codingman View Post
    Oh well, it seems all the time I took to answer those support questions I answered on this forumwere wastes of my time.
    Were they a waste if they helped someone solve a problem? I have a great deal of respect/admiration for those who can/will help others solve problems - just for the warm/fuzzy feeling.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast