Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Disappointed by Ubuntu 12.10 just like windows 8

Beans

Re: Disappointed by Ubuntu 12.10 just like windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    Why would forum support suddenly disappear because you decided to install a different DE?
    /sigh Because asking a question doesn't mean you'll get a satisfactory answer. Support often relies on being able to reproduce an issue (or knowing the solution from experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Tamlynmac View Post
    However, I would add a note to those Windows user that have no desire to learn beyond Windows and love the bloat - Please do us a favor and STAY THERE.
    Now that's not a nice attitude. :) I can use or manage common workstation and server operating systems pretty much across the board including *BSD, Solaris and NetWare. Yet I write these words from a Windows desktop. I dislike Microsoft and have no love for Windows and other closed source software either. But Windows is good enough for most (if not all) end-user tasks, there's no denying it.
    Last edited by prodigy_; April 28th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy_ View Post
    /sigh Because asking a question doesn't mean you'll get a satisfactory answer. Support often relies on being able to reproduce an issue (or knowing the solution from experience).
    But that's true for any question.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tamlynmac View Post
    However, I would add a note to those Windows user that have no desire to learn beyond Windows and love the bloat - Please do us a favor and STAY THERE. Linux is growing and like anything in a state of growth, it will experience growing pains. The last thing it needs is users who have no desire to learn or help it improve, simply expecting it to be a more functional Windows clone.
    +1
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

So, you're saying that certain DE's are more popular than others? Or are you just playing the role of Captain Obvious?
    CrunchBang Linux
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

Now that's not a nice attitude. I can use or manage common workstation and server operating systems pretty much across the board including *BSD, Solaris and NetWare. Yet I write these words from a Windows desktop. I dislike Microsoft and have no love for Windows and other closed source software either. But Windows is good enough for most (if not all) end-user tasks, there's no denying it.
    It's not a nice attitude, but it's the truth! Linux won't be able to handle people that don't want to help or people that don't have respect for what developers do! If it's good enough for end-user software, then why are you contradicting yourself by not agreeing with the fact that some people should stay with windows and others not?
    CrunchBang Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Posts are not following the CoC and off-topic, so locked.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456