Thread: ubuntu 12.04 and 3 Problems bothering me..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy ubuntu 12.04 and 3 Problems bothering me..

Hello Everybody .. am a newbie to LINUX, and start my journey with Ubuntu 12.04, and am stuck with 3 problems..

1. My First problem is pretty funny. My headphone doesnt work though it used to when I found a solution from a net and implemented it. solution was like i had to append a like options snd-hda-intel model=eapd probe_mask=1 position_fix=1 to my /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file. It was working fine until day before yesterday and then on yesterday when I logged into my Laptop it stopped working. I tried to switch several times to sound system with and without headphone but its not working anymore.

2. I want to play .swf format files, Currently am playing it on Gnash viewer/player but am not happy with it. So is it possible to play this file using current default player which is Movie Player, and if so then which kind of plugin I might need to install ??? [So far Tried to use VLC/KMplayer/Mplayer/Movie Player Nothing of them has worked ]

3. How can I install Skype? [Solved]

THANK YOU in advance ...
    Last edited by virus7; April 16th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: ubuntu 12.04 nie 3 ta shomoshai porsi..

dear , it would be better if you ask your question in english , that will be more helpful to you. you would get more prompt solution as more people will understand your problem. btw i am answering your third question - you can install skype from ubuntu software centre . but you must first check the multiverse (probably) in your software source. অনেক
    শুভেচ্ছা রইল
    regards

Beans
    Distro

hey Mustfi05 thanks, yep i better ask it in English, thanks for the tip.
    Could you please explain a little bit about Multiverse, what do you exactly mean by that and how am gonna set it?
    Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

open software update >>settings>>ubuntu software . you will get the options. or you can check "indipendent" in other opton. probabaly checking indipendent will suffice your need.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mustafi05 View Post
    open software update >>settings>>ubuntu software . you will get the options. or you can check "indipendent" in other opton. probabaly checking indipendent will suffice your need.
    thanks for help .. I have installed Skype...

and to get more knowledge I am asking you this question, I have found Software update>>settings>>ubuntu software and there I have also seen Multiverse what does it mean and actually what I am supposed to understand from here?

second question: I try to find using Dash Home and Ubuntu Software Center but i couldnt find 'indipendent' , and if i could have found it what am expected to see from there.

Sorry i might ask you very silly questions but actually am totally new...........

Beans
    Distro

Re: ubuntu 12.04 and 3 Problems bothering me..

ok , the line below that option clearly depicts the meaning. independent is in the heading under the 'othe software' menu in the same software sources dialogue.