Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aspect ratio display

Beans

Re: aspect ratio display

Extracting information from some people is like pulling teeth..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hang on. I just prefer to devote my UNDIVIDED attention to what I do.
    Now that I am here, I have another question before I share that file.
    By sharing this information, File: log/var/Xorg.0.log, does it mean that a solution to my aspect ration problem would be as straight-forward as editing the file?

Why should I talk about it? All I need is a new motherboard, right?
    But when this same PC ran on Windows XP, it did used to have the 16:9 aspect ratio option. That is true. I did not mention that before.

Beans

Nvm: I've lost patience for you to post a simple log, and I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Hopefully, someone else can help you...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

(Sigh) I've got the same feeling.

It may be that you don't have the right drivers for your video card, or that for some reason the OS is not able to find the supported resolutions. Maybe you can force the resolution anyhow. I think there are some threads about that. Log files may tell it.

But frankly, I would get an old 4:3 monitor from somewhere if I liked to play with that old box and get a somewhat more modern computer for daily stuff. Even a five year old second hand one will do fine for Ubuntu. You can get those almost for free.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

What I am going to take from this is that this is a rather serious, very active, and very intelligent community.
    Also, I actually tried to upload the file and received an error message saying that it isn't valid.
    I could just paste the data, but I need to make sure someone is willing to read it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12