Thread: Youtube video slow and unresponsive after latest updates

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Youtube video slow and unresponsive after latest updates

Running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (all up to date) and Google Chrome (Version 26.0.1410.63). For about 4 or 5 days now Youtube videos are unwatchable. Sound is fine, but the video is slow and jerky. If I go on Youtube and click a video to watch, it seems my whole computer slows to a crawl. Even clicking the close button on my browser, closes the window after about 5 seconds.
    If I use Mozilla Firefox, there's no problem, but I do prefer to use Chrome.
    On Askubuntu.com, someone suggester rolling back to the previous version of Chrome (but I wouldn't even know how to do that and surely the update manager would detect that the browser was out of date? ) Has anyone else had these problems ? Or can offer a solution?

Kind Regards

John
    Last edited by jockyburns; April 24th, 2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Youtube video slow and unresponsive after latest updates

Solved it. Turns out it was Adobe flashplayer that had two versions running. I disabled the pepper flash version and video now works fine. But,,, why would updates re-activate the pepper flash version? TBQH If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Youtube video slow and unresponsive after latest updates

When upgrading, files might have been downloaded and might have replaced those stating whether pepper flash should be on or off.
    If you are content with this thread, please mark it as "SOLVED". (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads)