Thread: Star Trek Into Darkness

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Star Trek Into Darkness

I'm not a trekkie but really looking forward to this movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMYAJ3_0uw Thought they did a great job with the first one so.. I reckon Benedict Cumberbatch from "Sherlock" will make a fantastic baddie. Have to say though, my favourite from the older Star Treks will always be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllXtbNikxc
    Last edited by stevesy; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

Trekkie here. I watched every Star Trek film and every TV series except TOS and Enterprise. Star Trek XI was very awesome and well done, and I think that Into Darkness will be too. My favourite films:

- The wrath of Khan
    - The undiscovered country
    - Generations
    - First contact
    - Nemesis
    - XI

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Arrow Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

I've seen all of them and this sounds so much like the super hero/Batman sort of plot I'm definitely giving it a miss.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

The last reimagining of Star Trek was pretty awesome. I'm stoked for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvunter View Post
    Trekkie here. I watched every Star Trek film and every TV series except TOS and Enterprise. Star Trek XI was very awesome and well done, and I think that Into Darkness will be too. My favourite films:

- The wrath of Khan
    - The undiscovered country
    - Generations
    - First contact
    - Nemesis
    - XI
    How can you be a Trekkie if you've never watched the original series?! If you have Netflix, you need to get on there and watch them.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    How can you be a Trekkie if you've never watched the original series?! If you have Netflix, you need to get on there and watch them.
    I agree.

Also, I'm looking forward to this new release!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    How can you be a Trekkie if you've never watched the original series?!
    I've probably seen the series 3-4 times growing up. Loved it but these days I find it hard to watch. My favourites are STNG & Enterprise.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    I've probably seen the series 3-4 times growing up. Loved it but these days I find it hard to watch. My favourites are STNG & Enterprise.
    I'm actually the opposite. I hadn't seen the series since I was a little boy. When we got Netflix, I put it on expecting it to be extremely cheesy, and was surprised about how good the quality was. The pilot episode sucked, though. You can't have TOS without William Shatner.

Star Trek TOS kicks the old Doctor Who's backside.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss