Thread: Pantheon

Beans

Question Pantheon

Hello,

I recently installed Ubuntu 13.04 and I tried just straight up installing Pantheon-shell, needless to say it's pretty dysfunctional without any configuration (then some things happened and stuff and now i'm back to a clean install)

So my question is: Has anyone seen a guide on getting pantheon-shell running proper-like in Ubuntu? if not does anyone know how I could go about working it out?

Sub-unimportant-question: I also have steam installed as a desktop session and i was wondering if there was anyway to select which screen it uses.

Thanks guys

sudo apt-get Answers

Beans

Re: I need help with Pantheon.

Pantheon Sheel is still in beta stage, so dysfunctionality is expected. However, I have not found a guide and I think this is because Pantheon is still in its beta stages. There are guides for installing, though. I think another reason is that Pantheon Shell can break your system. So no one really writes anything about Pantheon Shell, because it has the potential to break the system and probably not many people use it on a day to day basis or just do not install it after reading it can break your system.

You can expect a guide probably when they release elementary OS.

If you like the look of pantheon shell, I think there are ways of making GNOME Shell looking like Pantheon.

I will notify you if I stumble across a guide.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Pantheon

I tried Pantheon on 12.10 and didn't keep it for long because it is incomplete. I don't know if the PPA I used would even work on 13.04. The Cinnamon shell and settings are in 13.04 repository so you might want to give them a try as an alternative to the Gnome Shell.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Pantheon

Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuCt_lfKUt0
    But you need to install a lot of things...