Thread: Any laptops with trackpoint mouse?

Beans

Any laptops with trackpoint mouse?

I'm looking to buy a Linux laptop, but strongly prefer trackpoint (aka pointing stick aka keyboard nub) mouses. Does System76 sell any?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Any laptops with trackpoint mouse?

We don't offer any models with a Trackpoint.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

I don't have any experience with them, but from what I've read Lenovo computers are supposed to work well with Linux. You might see if one of their models interests you and consider going that route.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    I don't have any experience with them, but from what I've read Lenovo computers are supposed to work well with Linux. You might see if one of their models interests you and consider going that route.
    I have a couple Thinkpads and they're both perfect or nearly so with Linux. However, one's a T61 and one's an X61. I can't speak to the newer models. I know Dell offers several models with the 'eraser head' and Dell supports linux on some machines. I don't know if Dell offers a machine with the combination track point/track pad and linux. HP used to offer some higher end machines with both pointing devices. I don't know if they still do or not. I'm much more precise with the trackpoint than I am with a pad but the touch pad is great for scrolling.

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a T500, W520 and T530 and have no issues with Ubuntu running on all three of them. Stay in the business line and you should be fine... go to the consumer line and things may be a little less compatible.