Thread: Screen black until Ubuntu login screen.

Beans

Screen black until Ubuntu login screen.

Hi.
    When I turn my computer on the screen is black for a long time. It does not show any boot posts or even the Grub loader. After a while the screen turns on and I can see the Ubuntu login.
    I don't understand why the boot messages are not posting and why I cant see the Grub multiboot boot loader. I have a motherboard with a UEFI bios.

How do I get to acess the bios and Grub multiboot boot loader?

Edit: I have fixed this problem. This was solved by turning off the computer. Then unplugging the harddrive (with Ubuntu and Grub). Later I plugged the harddrive in and then everything worked as it should. The screen goes on early and I can read the bios posts. Later the Grub multiboot loader loads so that I can choose an operating system.

In my other thread you can read a step by step guide to fix some Ubuntu problems: http://ubuntuforums.org/editpost.php?do=updatepost&p=12605551reocc
    Last edited by sshaddoww; April 23rd, 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Problem is reoccuring.

Beans

Re: Screen black until Ubuntu login screen.

I have now restarted the computer and my computer screen is black for a long time until the Ubuntu log in screen appears. So the computer does not send any Bios posts or Grub menu to my computer screen. I have tried to replug my harddrive but this time it did not help.