Thread: Trouble with EU2 on Wine

Beans

Trouble with EU2 on Wine

I recently downloaded Europa Universalis 2 from Gamersgate.com. Last night I played the game and I had no problems with it once I downloaded patch 1.07. Today I can't play. It either freezes while the game is loading at "Initializing Interface" or once I get into the game it crashes.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I don't know what version of wine I have (or how to check that). And my machine is an Acer Aspire One Netbook AOA150. 1.6ghz Intel processor, 1gig ram (I think it is total 1.5), 1tb hard drive. When the netbook was still XP before I switched to Ubuntu I was able to play Knights of Honor, and the I have better than the system requirements for EU2, but not enough for EU3.

Does anyone have any suggestions? its becoming mildly frustrating not being able to get into the game.

Beans

Re: Trouble with EU2 on Wine

Look at the info on the linked page and see if there is anything there that will help:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ation&iId=4177
    Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17; MS Win 8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Re: Trouble with EU2 on Wine

Thanks,
    I will take a look at that as soon as I can. From a quick glance it lists different versions of ubuntu and wine and I dont know which wine I have. I assume there is a terminal command to find that? Im still fairly new to ubuntu. Realizing it is a bit of a learning curve.