Thread: Dual Boot with GRUB doesnt work

Beans

Cool Dual Boot with GRUB doesnt work

Hello people.

I have been using ubuntu but now I am going to use scientifc linux made by CERN laboratory, I have a windows 7and want to do dual boot. I did the same steps as with linux mint for example, and those indciated by scietific linux. But when I chose my partition, ext4. The installer says it cant find the installer..?? The OS is a derived of REDHAT but I still hope you guys can help me. Is there other ways of doing the multiboot?
    Or should I mount it differentely than " /"... btw I am booting frm USB drive not DVD or anything liek that.
    https://www.scientificlinux.org/

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Dual Boot with GRUB doesnt work

It's not clear what you mean when you say, "when I chose my partition, ext4. The installer says it cant find the installer..??" Please try a different way to describe this.

Beans

Re: Dual Boot with GRUB doesnt work

OK. I reviewd it, and after selecting my partition in ext4 format, and the proceding to install, when I click next, the installer indicates that the image #1 is not found. I am installing from USB. A frind told me to copy the image in the USB and the mount in terminal when I am int he installationprocess so that ont happen again.. but the mimage is just too big . 4gb, and the USB memory is 7.38 GB minus the image that was burn into it...

I tried using another type of iso, since they provide many , but faild to boot..