Thread: GRUB Won't Find Kernel

Beans

Angry GRUB Won't Find Kernel

I just upgraded from Xubuntu 12.10 to Ubuntu 13.04 using `sudo do-release-upgrade -d`. I accidentally turned my computer off during the upgrade process when I meant to restart xscreensaver and some other x program which the terminal-based installation prompt said I needed to halt. Anyway it seemed I had resolved everything after remounting my sda1(root) partition and entering `dpkg --configure -a` from kernel 3.8.8's recovery mode, which I selected from the grub2 menu during bootup. I installed all raring updates and fixed my /etc/apt/sources.list. Everything seemed to be working fine. `uname -r` returned 3.8.8.x...-generic, `sudo update-grub`, however only found memtest. I made a mental note of this and meant to reinstall the kernel and figure out why grub wasn't seeing it even though it was obviously in use. However, I forgot and rebooted after updating. I am now immediately taken to memtest. (Oh yeah I set the grub timer to 0 and holding shift does nothing). What can I do? Kernel 3.8.8.x...-generic is definitely on my computer somewhere.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: GRUB Won't Find Kernel

Thread closed. Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue, it dilutes community efforts and confusing at the same time.
    The discussion can be carried on at the other thread started by you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2137807.

Best Regards,
    “Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things”
    — Robert A. Heinlein