Hi all ...

I am facing a strange thing with my ubuntu system ..
my system : Dell Inspiron 1564 Laptop , Dual boot .. Win7 + ubuntu
at first i installed ubuntu 10.04 and that was my first ubuntu try .. it was very stable the best operating system ... and everything was ok !!!!!
after that i ran the update manager as usual .. and it did an upgrade ,, and now when i choose System >>>>> About Ubuntu .. it results : You are using Ubuntu 10.10
- the Maverick Meerkat - released in October 2010 and supported until April 2012.

---------------------

I dont care abiut versions or releases .. but the thing that i care about is i am facing many problems now in my system ... like drivers , programs updates and installations .. freezing .. .... etc ..

I DO NOT KNOW what to do ... . or what is the procedure!!! i rely on ubuntu on my laptop , i mean all my files .. plugins, customizations .. data movies ... etc... are on ubuntu ..
I am not professional in ubuntu .. but i want to change this release without losing anything ...
nothing can be installed ... using synaptic or terminal always it tells : FAILED TO FETCH thing .. I want the simpliest way with the lowest loss level

Please help me

I will be thankful guys

Thank you in advance