Thread: Firefox window is full-screen and will not close, minimise or change size

Beans

Firefox window is full-screen and will not close, minimise or change size

I know this happens with Firefox. I'm not sure if I have seen it in connection with other applications.

I am running 13-04 64 bit with cairo-box gui. When I open Firefox it opens as a full-screen window and the three buttons at top left, close, minimise and toggle fullscreen/window will not work. The only ways to get rid of it are to choose File/Quit or go into the terminal window and do a ps -ef | grep irefox and then kill all the processes.

Anybody met this? Anybody found a solution? I have done a search the best I could but saw no references.

TIA

Beans

Re: Firefox window is full-screen and will not close, minimise or change size

I had noticed this in older releases of ubuntu with Unity that when I maximized a window I would have this behavior. Does it only happen with firefox or does it effect other programs?

Beans

Re: Firefox window is full-screen and will not close, minimise or change size

Thanks, Smartdev. I notice it particularly with Firefox since that opens full screen, but I _think_ I have seen it with other applications when they are full screen, but I can't be absolutely sure. I'm just coming back to Ubuntu after a period away, and getting my machine set up for working use, and things - including me - are still a bit disorganised!