Thread: Home Office Network

Beans

Home Office Network

Where would I begin reading regarding setting up a home office network? I'd like to set up a server and 3 workstations. Thanks in advance for links, etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Home Office Network

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What do you want to do with this network?

Is it just going to be for sharing files between the 3 workstations or do you want to do other things as well such as user management, running a website or database etc...
    Cheesemill

Beans

Thanks! Through all my browsing to this point, I hadn't found that. I'm also deliberating on hardware/equipment. So many choices to make.

Beans

Mostly file sharing. I develop websites. There are simply too many computers scattered throughout the house, with all the usual ethernet and wireless configurations. It's easy to run wire underneath the floor, so my thought is to reduce clutter, add convenience and keep it neat (for once). Also, with some family considerations, I don't see why I wouldn't incorporate some of the audio/video capabilities. I'm in the process of remodeling my office area, so if I'm going to set up a nice workspace, this is the time. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin