Thread: Connecting to Samsung I747m ( Canadian Galaxy S III )

Beans

Question Connecting to Samsung I747m ( Canadian Galaxy S III )

Hi everyone,
    I have been searching around on Google and the Ubuntu forum trying to figure out if there is any way to connect the Samsung Galaxy S III to Ubuntu. I've received mixed information on line some places say the device should work just fine with libmtp right out of the box while other sources say that these things still just do not work. When I hook it up it shows up in Nautilus as two devices, one for each micro SD inside, I assume. However, if I try to access one I receive the error message, "the folder contents could not be displayed: Sorry, could not display all the contents of "store_00010001": Timeout was reached." I was wondering if any progress has been made on getting the SIII working and if it is working is the Canadian version of the SIII so different than the US version as to be incompatible. Also, any pointers on how to get this working would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Beans

Re: Connecting to Samsung I747m ( Canadian Galaxy S III )

Make sure you have changed the setting on the phone to connect as an MTP device rather than a Camera.
    If you still can't get that to work, you can try to install the android SDK and a program called aafm. That should allow you to transfer files to and from the phone through a GUI file management tool.