Thread: Carbon accounting software for linux?

Beans

Carbon accounting software for linux?

Hi all! I know it's not the typical type of question for these forums, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'd like to keep track of the carbon emissions of my household. There's software for this, that works out your carbon footprint from driving, electricity consumption, etc.
    I know there must be some such program for Linux out there , but can't find it by the usual Google-fu. What am I asking wrong?

Thank you all very much in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Carbon accounting software for linux?

I would use one of the spreadsheet programs. I don't think any program could do much more for you, except automatically giving you the conversion factors from litres of petrol or kWh of electricity (depending on your energy mix) etc. to grams of carbon.

Beans

Re: Carbon accounting software for linux?

There's some math involved in, e.g. carbon savings from distances you didn't drive, the carbon from the production of various products, and some official method of calculating carbon footprints which is all very regulatory.
    I seem to be finding lots of corporate software for this - a whole lot. Perhaps someone has worked it out as a spreadsheet template?