Thread: Blazing Angels

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Blazing Angels

Does any one has experience of running Blazing Angels in Ubuntu or any other Linux distro ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Blazing Angels

Well a quick perusal of winehq.org returned a "garbage" rating for Blazing Angels 2. Some Windows games run perfectly well in wine, and some just don't and never will.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

That is a pretty old Wine they used though when they gave that rating. I'd wager that Wine 1.5.28 would most likely be able to make Blazing Angels work, but what you say is generally true oldrocker99. I'm tempted to get Blazing Angels 1 and 2 from GamersGate since it's only 2.50 for each. I'm just not sure if GamersGate sells to Malaysia, but I'll give it a go. If it works, I'll let you know here I hope

EDIT: Darn, looks like PayPal only with GamersGate. Looks like I can only purchase from GreenManGaming, Steam and Gamestop for now. Sorry 3dmatrix. If you already have Blazing Angels, give it a go in PlayOnLinux using the latest Wine 1.5.28. You never know, it might just work out fine.
    Last edited by myromance123; April 19th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by myromance123 View Post
    That is a pretty old Wine they used though when they gave that rating. I'd wager that Wine 1.5.28 would most likely be able to make Blazing Angels work, but what you say is generally true oldrocker99. I'm tempted to get Blazing Angels 1 and 2 from GamersGate since it's only 2.50 for each. I'm just not sure if GamersGate sells to Malaysia, but I'll give it a go. If it works, I'll let you know here I hope

EDIT: Darn, looks like PayPal only with GamersGate. Looks like I can only purchase from GreenManGaming, Steam and Gamestop for now. Sorry 3dmatrix. If you already have Blazing Angels, give it a go in PlayOnLinux using the latest Wine 1.5.28. You never know, it might just work out fine.
    I tried it on a virtual m/c some months back, it got installed but did not run. i have blazing angles 1.
    So any other tweek that might help ?