Thread: Help learning Ubuntu

Beans

Help learning Ubuntu

Hello, I just installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my computer the other day after being a windows user, I have been wanting Ubuntu for awhile now but of course windows caught a virus that I had to get rid of first and I had to get the restart disc for my computer. Anyway I'm still new to Ubuntu and all that and was wondering if anyone could explain how to easily get Ubuntu to let me transfer music that I've downloaded from my computer to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, any help would be great!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Help learning Ubuntu

Welcome to the forums.

There are a few ways to get music from your computer to your device. I guess your first try should be Rhythmbox. Your device should show up in the program once you connect it and enable USB tranfer on your device. But I've never tried it myself. I use AirDroid a very handy application that is available from Google Play. Give it a try and see if it meets your needs.
    Never upgrade your working system to the newest release without thorough testing on the actual hardware you will be running it on.
    Never perform a system update in a live session
    Installed Ubuntu Touch 1.0 on my Nexus 7. And loving it!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Help learning Ubuntu

+1 to AirDroid.
    It allows you to use a browser based interface to transfer files from your Ubuntu computer, and since it's a browser based UI there's no need to install anything on the computer.