Thread: Libreoffice insisting on replacing "to" with "HP"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Libreoffice insisting on replacing "to" with "HP"

Running 12.04 when I'm using LibreOffice Writer 3.5.7.2 to type a document and enter the word to , it immediatey gets replaced by the word HP .
    Everything else I type seems to be OK.
    What is going wrong?
    ASUS ZenBook UX305 (Intel® Core™ M-5Y10c ) CPU @ 0.80GHz × 4, 8GiB RAM, 128GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04
    MSi CR620 (Novatech i3 Core i3-350M) 2.27GHz 2GiB RAM, 250GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04 & W10

Beans

Re: Libreoffice insisting on replacing "to" with "HP"

That's annoying. You could turn off auto correct:

https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/...ff_AutoCorrect

Otherwise, this is a libreoffice question, not an ubuntu one, so if no one else can help here, you might try taking this question to their forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Sorry if this suggestion is too obvious, but have you looked at your autocorrect "replace" rules? Click on Tools->AutoCorrect Options and under the Replace tab you'll find a list of Replace/With pairs. Look for
    Code:
    to      HP
    and if you find an entry like that, select and delete it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by r.stiltskin View Post
    Sorry if this suggestion is too obvious, but have you looked at your autocorrect "replace" rules? Click on Tools->AutoCorrect Options and under the Replace tab you'll find a list of Replace/With pairs. Look for
    Code:
    to      HP
    and if you find an entry like that, select and delete it.
    Thank you. I did find that and have now deleted that replacement. How it got there I do not know.
    ASUS ZenBook UX305 (Intel® Core™ M-5Y10c ) CPU @ 0.80GHz × 4, 8GiB RAM, 128GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04
    MSi CR620 (Novatech i3 Core i3-350M) 2.27GHz 2GiB RAM, 250GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04 & W10

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by llamabr View Post
    That's annoying. You could turn off auto correct:

https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/...ff_AutoCorrect

Otherwise, this is a libreoffice question, not an ubuntu one, so if no one else can help here, you might try taking this question to their forum.
    My apologies for posting on a wrong forum. However the solution kindly has been provided in this forum by r.stiltskin.