Thread: Can't browse when connected to a certain wireless network

Beans

Can't browse when connected to a certain wireless network

Can anyone help me with some wireless troubleshooting? I have two different access points that I can connect to. One has no problem browsing the web yet the other can't. It doesn't appear to even attempt to load any website (no endless spinning loading/animated gifs) It just looks like it fails immediately. I know the access point is good because I can browse with it using my phone just not my desktop yet I have been able to browse while connected to it in the past. I'm just not exactly sure what has changed to why it no longer works. Maybe a cache or DNS problem? I'm only guessing here as I am a complete linux noob. I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Can't browse when connected to a certain wireless network

Have you tried pinging a website by IP address to see what messages turn up?
    (bump)
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad] [Sub-forum]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Re: Can't browse when connected to a certain wireless network

I tried pinging 74.125.224.178 (www.google.com) and it resulted in the message 'filtered packet' or 'packet filtered'. One of those as I don't have the machine in front of me right now. Any ideas as to what that means? I've tried searching around but came up empty handed. Thanks.