Thread: Problem TvTime+Winfast tv 2000 xp rm

Beans

Problem TvTime+Winfast tv 2000 xp rm

Hy, I have a problem with my Winfast tv 2000xp rm tv card and tvtime. I have a digital receiver from my tv provider which outputs only 1 channel to my tv card, but it does not detect it when i use tvtime-scanner. I have a dual boot and also use windows just to watch tv, and in windows it works perfectly. the frequency in windows is 495.25 Mhz. I tried writting manualy a stationlist.xml file with that frequency but no luck. Any other ideeas? thnx

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Problem TvTime+Winfast tv 2000 xp rm

Welcome to the forums.

I use MeTV in Ubuntu which writes a channels.list for you. It does an autoscan (providing your TV card is up and running, o course).

I bought a dual-splitter for the antenna and one spilt goes to the PVR (in your case, the digital receiver) and the other to my USB TV dongle. I'm presuming yours is a TV card in a desktop by the sounds of it. You could try this rather than daisy chaining them.

I found I really needed a clear signal before I could get anything to work well.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; April 16th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Beans

yes, mine is a pci card in a desktop. so your advice is to connect a splitter between my PVR and tv card ? i only have the tv card connected to the pvr, nothing else.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

At the moment you have an antenna cable from an external antenna plugged in where? What I'm saying is put a splitter on the antenna before it hits anything else. Send one cable from the splitter directly into your TV card, the other to where it normally goes, no change. That way you know you have a solid signal and there is no problem with the daisy chain. When our PVR was off I had problems until I sent a direct line to the TV card.

You could test this out by plugging the antenna cable directly into the TV card, if it's possible.

Beans

the cable from the antena goes into the digital satellite receiver, and another cable from the receiver to the tv card. that's it, nothing else.