Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drivers for Epson SX600FW

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Drivers for Epson SX600FW

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and I just bought multi-purpose printer/scanner Epson SX600FW. While trying to install it on Ubuntu is is detected but the driver cannot be found... My printer is connected to my Wifi Network.

Can I use another driver? Or where can I find the right driver?

Also, how to install the built-in scanner?

Thanks a lot.

Beans

Re: Drivers for Epson SX600FW

try the following site....

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...Office_SX600FW

I followed those instructions and got the printer working over wifi on both 8.04 and 8.10

Beans

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: Drivers for Epson SX600FW

I upgraded to 8.10 and everything is fine. Much smoother considering I had to upgrade anyways

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just wanted to let people know that my newly acquired Epson BX600FW works wonderfully well on 8.04 (Hardy). XSane recognized the scanner without problems. Also, the iscan program from avasys works.

I installed the gutenprint drivers (available here -- 64-bit package is also available) and CUPS even suggested the correct printer driver while going through the setup.

Just happy as a pig in the proverbial sh..

P.S. I haven't tried 8.10 (Ibex) yet, but I doubt there will be any hiccups.
    Last edited by robenroute; March 6th, 2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added 64-bit info
    Linux #416781 - Ubuntu #9075
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ―George Bernard Shaw

Beans
    Distro

Does anyone know how to put this thread [SOLVED] ? I don't remember or it has changed...

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by robenroute View Post
    Just wanted to let people know that my newly acquired Epson BX600FW works wonderfully well on 8.04 (Hardy). XSane recognized the scanner without problems. Also, the iscan program from avasys works.

I installed the gutenprint drivers (available here -- 64-bit package is also available) and CUPS even suggested the correct printer driver while going through the setup.

Just happy as a pig in the proverbial sh..

P.S. I haven't tried 8.10 (Ibex) yet, but I doubt there will be any hiccups.
    Well, I've got it printing via the network (both wireless and cable), but scanning via the network doesn't seem to work: XSane mentions there are no devices available and Image Scan says it could not send command to scanner, and if I want to check the scanner's status...

This is all on Ibex.

Anyone?
    Linux #416781 - Ubuntu #9075
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ―George Bernard Shaw

Beans
    Distro

I actually have the same issue. Printing works fine but I coundn't get the scanner to work via Ethernet....

Does anyone have a clue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

*subscribes*

I'll be seen getting one of that or the BX600FW

so tracking this thread ...

do the avasys drivers for printing work also ? anyone tried them ?

I'm seeing the gutenprint driver as a kind of last resort since they are told to consume much more ink ...

thanks

update:

the printer I ordered had the infamous paper jam bug from the start so I ordered a printer from a different company ...
    Last edited by kerneloftruth; May 5th, 2009 at 06:35 PM.

2.6.35.7-TOI-plus

gcc version 4.5.1 (Gentoo Hardened 4.5.1 p1.0, pie-0.4.5)
    Ubuntu 9.10 (64bit)

Beans

The driver doesn't work for me. I downloaded the latest Epson driver from avasys and installed it for CUPS but in that case the printing never starts with an error.
    EPSON_Stylus_SX600FW EPSON Stylus SX600FW Epson Stylus SX600FW, Epson Inkjet Printer Driver (ESC/P-R) for Linux Idle

EPSON_Stylus_SX600FW-12 Test Page root 1k Unknown canceled at
    Wed 10 Apr 2013 06:03:52 PM CEST
    "/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftoraster failed"

Looking at the logs closely:

http://pastebin.ca/2360153

Pls help. The printer working completely fine from windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast