Thread: Having Trouble Deleting the Backup Home Folder After Encrypting My Home Folder

Beans

Question Having Trouble Deleting the Backup Home Folder After Encrypting My Home Folder

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem here. I just encrypted my home holder successfully and all the different tutorials that I read say that the final step is to delete the backup home folder that was created:

It wont let me delete it by right clicking and using the drop menu. What can I do? I tryed:

sudo rm -rf /home/user.random

But it doesn't seem to work. Can someone plz help me. Thx
    Last edited by jooge; April 17th, 2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Having Trouble Deleting the Backup Home Folder After Encrypting My Home Folder

I guess the guide told you to delete it with sudo rm -rf user.random? It actually meant that you substitute the actual user name and random sequence:
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf /home/jooge.j9ISaBtS
    unless that was an l instead of an I, I can't tell from your screenshot. Or type /home/jooge.j<tab>, it should autocomplete.

If you prefer the graphical file manager, open it from a terminal with gksudo nautilus. It will give you root privileges to delete that directory.

Beans

Re: Having Trouble Deleting the Backup Home Folder After Encrypting My Home Folder

Awesome! Thx Impavidus worked like a charm.