Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon, 'MURICA!
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death!!!!!!

    Now that i THINK i have installed the drivers, im gonna reboot and launch TF2...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon, 'MURICA!
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Well, when i launch tf2 i still get the same thing: Upside down valve and source logo, and black screen, then just randomly closing.

    Since i dont think tf2 works, im just gonna try getting MINECRAFT to work now.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon, 'MURICA!
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Quote Originally Posted by soloman469 View Post
    Well, when i launch tf2 i still get the same thing: Upside down valve and source logo, and black screen, then just randomly closing.

    Since i dont think tf2 works, im just gonna try getting MINECRAFT to work now.
    minecraft works now (only in browser)
    so all i need help with is TF2

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Denmark - Scandinavia
    Beans
    17,619
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    I think it would be better to try TF2/steam forum regarding this. They may have a solution for the problem.
    But truthfully I don't think TF2 can't run on a lowend integrated intel card. It may have run on Windows with that card, but the intel driver on windows is a bit better than the linux one.

    But you can also try to start up TF2 through the terminal and see if any error output shows up.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon, 'MURICA!
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    I think it would be better to try TF2/steam forum regarding this. They may have a solution for the problem.
    But truthfully I don't think TF2 can't run on a lowend integrated intel card. It may have run on Windows with that card, but the intel driver on windows is a bit better than the linux one.

    But you can also try to start up TF2 through the terminal and see if any error output shows up.
    What commands am i supposed to run in terminal?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Denmark - Scandinavia
    Beans
    17,619
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Depends. Each steam game have its own number to launch. Drag TF2 icon to the Desktop, right click on it and click properties.

    You should see something like; steam steam://rungameid/65800 (this one is Dungeon Defenders).

    Now copy it and paste it into the terminal. If no error output shows up, you may try finding TF2 binary in the Steam directory and launch it via terminal.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon, 'MURICA!
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Well, i entered it and i got something like this:chikenpotpah@chikenpotpah-OptiPlex-745:~$ steam steam://rungameid/440Running Steam on ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically

    But i still get Upside down valve and source logo, and black screen, then just randomly closing.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reykjavík, Iceland
    Beans
    1,555
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Quote Originally Posted by soloman469 View Post
    Well, i entered it and i got something like this:chikenpotpah@chikenpotpah-OptiPlex-745:~$ steam steam://rungameid/440Running Steam on ubuntu 12.04 64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically

    But i still get Upside down valve and source logo, and black screen, then just randomly closing.

    what is the rest?
    We are expecting around 100-200 lines.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oregon, 'MURICA!
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    Quote Originally Posted by Bölvağur View Post
    what is the rest?
    We are expecting around 100-200 lines.
    That's it. Nothing else. What's going on? Is TF2 Being such a pain in the a** that i can't fix it?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Denmark - Scandinavia
    Beans
    17,619
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Team Fortress 2 Black Screen of Death

    I found this on google; https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...ames/issues/19

    Try;
    Code:
    export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=130 && steam steam://rungameid/440
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •