Thread: All sorts of problems since automatic upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 In August 2012

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

All sorts of problems since automatic upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 In August 2012

Hi Ubuntu Community:

Ever since I upgraded from 10.04 to 12.04 last August 2012, I've had persistent problems with:

1. "Problem" messages displayed by Precice (ie, messages that say "Problem Detected"), and
    2. booting (the bios doesn't list my boot devise and I have to press f8 and then f2 to get a list of boot devises in order to boot).

I did my upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 using the automatic upgrade feature. It was easy and seemed to work at the time.

Also, sometimes the "Problem" messages describe a problem with MythTV backend (I use MythTV).

I'm not sure what to think of this, but it is a real problem when my wife has to reboot, and follow the arcane boot procedure I described in (2) above.

Are each of these issues fixable? I don't have these problems on another machine that I installed 12.04 directly on.

Should I just bite the bullet and reinstall 12.04? My preferences would be to fix each of the 2 issues listed above, if possible.

Thanks!
    Old Jimma from the Old Country.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: All sorts of problems since automatic upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04 In August 2012

For no.2, have you tried Boot Repair?

Feathers