Thread: Google Play Music not completely syncing with phone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Google Play Music not completely syncing with phone

Hi,
    I've tried looking this up a bit, but haven't come up with anything
    I'm sure someone knows and uses google play musc.
    I've uploaded all of my music to it, but not all of it is going across to my phone. Only bits of albums, one or two songs, are going through to my phone...but it's only a few albums this is happening to.

On a side note, is there an easy way to convert all of the songs that aren't the right format? Via google play music? If not I'll just do it manually.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Google Play Music not completely syncing with phone

There should be an option in Play Music that allows you to Sync Library. If not, go to your Settings Menu ==> Accounts and make sure that Play Music is set to auto sync.

Beans

as bad as most of the ios environment is, google play and other mobile media players really showed how high itunes set the bar. i have so much issues with google play i dont even use it anymore.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mag1strate View Post
    There should be an option in Play Music that allows you to Sync Library. If not, go to your Settings Menu ==> Accounts and make sure that Play Music is set to auto sync.
    There is no sync for Play Music. Not that I've found at least.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    as bad as most of the ios environment is, google play and other mobile media players really showed how high itunes set the bar. i have so much issues with google play i dont even use it anymore.
    I'm starting to get to that point too.
    But I'm going to give it a bit more effort before I leave it behind.

Beans
    Hidden!

I've never had any issues with Google Play music.

Keep in mind Google revamped the entire platform yesterday so there might be some bugs. Are you sure you've got all your music uploaded?

Make sure you have 'All Music' selected from the dropdown and not just 'On Device'.

If it isn't any of those things, my advise would honestly be to just wait a few days. The platform just underwent a huge change - I've never had any issues with it and I'm sure everything should be ironed out soon.
    That's what she said.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by AllRadioisDead View Post
    I've never had any issues with Google Play music.

Keep in mind Google revamped the entire platform yesterday so there might be some bugs. Are you sure you've got all your music uploaded?

Make sure you have 'All Music' selected from the dropdown and not just 'On Device'.

If it isn't any of those things, my advise would honestly be to just wait a few days. The platform just underwent a huge change - I've never had any issues with it and I'm sure everything should be ironed out soon.
    Wow you're right. It looks a lot different.
    And I'm pretty sure everything is set up the way it should be to have all my music able to stream from Google Play. But I'll give it a few days since they had such a big change