Thread: How to change the opacity/transparency and color of the dash?

Beans

How to change the opacity/transparency and color of the dash?

I removed the blur effect because it makes the system to slow down, but in some cases the reading is impaired. I wonder if it is possible to change the color of the background of the dash and its transparency.

I changed the background in experimental options of Unity's plugin in CompizConfig Settings Manager. The problem is that it changes the color of the launcher too. I want to change only the color of the dash.

Beans

Re: How to change the opacity/transparency and color of the dash?

The opacity of the Dash is controlled thru the Background option > opacity & it only affects the opacity of the Dash (& in 13.04 some pop ups
    But once you set any opacity in Background then the custom color chosen will be used by the launcher, they've never separated Dash opacity/color from launcher color.

So no, you can't alter the Dash opacity without using a custom color for the launcher.
    Here that's not an issue as I use no blur & black for a custom color so it works out fine, a high opacity in Background for the Dash & lower on both the launcher & panel.

(- I believe 12.04 still won't use black properly, it's an easy fix that was put in 12.10/13.04 but not yet in 12.04 last I checked.