Thread: Sudden change in serching behaviour of firefox.

Beans

Sudden change in serching behaviour of firefox.

I use firefox 20.0 in ubuntu 12.04. When I start firefox by clicking the icon, as usual the web address bar and search engine bar appear side by side in the same row. The search engine bar has various options like Google, wiki, yahoo, bing etc and my default is google. Due to this, after starting firefox, till now, if neede, I used to write the search words directly at the address bar and pressed enter and automatically google used to get active and showed the reults. Today I notice, if I write the search word/item directly at the address bar, google does not become active rather, firefox assumes this to be the address or location I want to visit and tells me that it is unable to locate the server at http://<my_search_item> Intuitively what firefox is doing is correct but then so far why had firefox interpreted this as my google-seach request for <my_search_item>? There is certainly a change in behaviour. Can I go back to the previous configuration?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Sudden change in serching behaviour of firefox.

I too have experienced the same thing with the new version of firefox. but actually if you still wants the old version behaviour then you can get it by installing it.

all you need to do is simply

sudo apt-get install firefox=<here mention the version name you want>
    some information for you : http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...ion-of-firefox
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans

Re: Sudden change in serching behaviour of firefox.

But is reverting back to older version a good decision? I guess older versions are unsupported so there will be no security updates etc for that version if I install it now.

This kind of strange behaviour had taken place earlier too; once I noticed, results of google search were displayed in a different language (other than english) when I used the search bar with google default. This automatically changed after few days without my intervention.