Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype not installable

Beans

Skype not installable

Hi, I'm no longer able to install Skype on 13.04 x86_64 because of broken dependencies for i386 packages

This is apt-get install skype output. Tried both with the package downlodable at skype.con and the "partners" canonical repository, both ways no luck.

Any idea?

Code:
    skype-bin:i386 : Depends: libqt4-dbus:i386 (>= 4:4.5.3) but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: libqt4-network:i386 (>= 4:4.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: libqt4-xml:i386 (>= 4:4.5.3) but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: libqtcore4:i386 (>= 4:4.7.0~beta1) but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: libqtgui4:i386 (>= 4:4.8.0) but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: libqtwebkit4:i386 (>= 2.2~2011week36) but it is not going to be installed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Skype not installable

I've been meaning to get skype installed on my 64 bit acer 1410. This thread reminded me.

It installed without error and runs fine.

Standard install here and skype has never been installed on this machine before.

Is your system fully up to date.

I just did a normal install sudo apt-get install skype

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

skype does installs and works on 13.04 UNITY but the GUI has no borders,in other words no window buttons
    but if you run 13.04 Gnome Shell it has window buttoms as it is suppose.It is not a Skype problem as someone suggested,it is a UNITY problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kuvanito View Post
    skype does installs and works on 13.04 UNITY but the GUI has no borders,in other words no window buttons
    but if you run 13.04 Gnome Shell it has window buttoms as it is suppose.It is not a Skype problem as someone suggested,it is a UNITY problem.
    Works as intended here window buttons normal on ubuntu with unity.
    Last edited by philinux; April 11th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    Works as intended here window buttons normal on ubuntu with unity.
    and your version of skype is?

Beans
    Hidden!

I just installed it and ran it on my Dell laptop (running Unity) and all appears to be well here, too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am running 13.04 both Unity and Gnome,no matter what I do I can not get Skype to show window buttons on Unity
    I have installed Skype 4.0,Skype 4.1 and both show the same result but only in Unity not in Gnome
    I am also running the 32 bit version of 13.04 and my rig is 100% intel,CPU,GPU,etc so it is not an nvidia issue here either
    It does not happens in Gnome Shell thou.

Beans
    Hidden!

I installed Skype just by entering
    sudo apt-get install skype
    since it is already in the Ubuntu Software Center. Is that how you did it, or did you go out to Skype's site and grab a version for Linux?

Beans

This worked for me:

Code:
    • sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner"
    • sudo apt-get update
    • sudo apt-get install skype && sudo apt-get -f install

But I also have the issues with no buttons to close the chat window after I open it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by jimafternoon View Post
    This worked for me:

Code:
    • sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner"
    • sudo apt-get update
    • sudo apt-get install skype && sudo apt-get -f install

But I also have the issues with no buttons to close the chat window after I open it.
    same for me.
    all i did was sudo apt-get install skype
    Cheers!
    Phenom II X4 955 Denab BE OC 3.8mhz | 8gig G.Skill 1600 RAM | Corsair 750 PSU | XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 x2 | 1TB WD Black HDD Win7 | 160gig WD HDD Ubuntu 13.10
    --Feel like your question has been answered, mark as SOLVED!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast