Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to Boot 12.04 from USB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Unable to Boot 12.04 from USB

For me 12.04.2 seems to work better on a flash drive than 12.04.

Beans

My goodness, I wasn't even aware of it's existence! This gives me a flicker of hope. I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks very much for your input.

Beans

Well, same story with 12.04.2. I don't know what the deal is. I decided to try with 13.04 beta 2 and it boots up and runs with no problem. I don't generally like running betas, but at least I'm able to work it. It doesn't seem to have a problem with my video cards, which I don't understand, but I'm just going to go with it for now and see if it has any problems. Thank you everybody for your help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

13.04 has been quite stable since ALPHA. I haven't had any issues with it. Anyways, its due for RELEASE shortly. So you will be OK with it.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Someone with a Dell was discussing sputnik and I did not know what it was. But I guess there is a ppa with all the fixes needed for Dell.

And this says all those fixes are now in 13.04. So you can still use 12.04 and the ppa or 13.04 with it included but no long term support.

Question about Dell's Ubuntu Preloaded XPS 13 Developer Laptop Link to review, Sputnik
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2106590
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Yeah it seems to be pretty solid, I was expecting some bugginess but nothing so far. I think I'm going to try to get 12.04.2 working with the ppa. I like the idea of long term support. I'm going to enjoy a working distro for a few hours, then I'll give 12.04.2 a shot. If all goes well, I'll be partitioning and installing today . Thanks everybody for the help. If I can get 12.04.2 up and running I'll make sure to mark the thread as solved.

Beans

Well, no luck with 12.04.2 at all. I gave up; Raring Ringtail seems to be running splendidly as a virtual machine. Not thrilled about not having LTS, but would rather be running something than nothing. Currently partitioning drive for installation. Thank you everybody for your input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123