Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No thumbnails

Beans

Re: No thumbnails

Wait! I got them both now! Still the same. I think the thumnails problem only applies to the video file types

Here is what I tried.

I tried to copy 1 video 1 file from my windows system and still. No thumnail for the copied file. Usually when I transfer a file to another system, ubuntu makes a thumnail for it.

Then I tried to record a video. Guess what? there is a good thumbnail
    Last edited by ac98521; April 9th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Beans

please delete this reply as it will be double post and I dont know how to delete this post
    Last edited by ac98521; April 9th, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: please delete this as it will be double post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ac98521 View Post
    Wait! I got them both now! ...
    To be honest I don't understand what you now have. Do you mean that you already had Samba package installed?

Still the same. I think the thumnails problem only applies to the video file types

Here is what I tried.

I tried to copy 1 video 1 file from my windows system and still. No thumnail for the copied file. Usually when I transfer a file to another system, ubuntu makes a thumnail for it.

Then I tried to record a video. Guess what? there is a good thumbnail
    Keep in mind that by default Nautilus won't create thumbnails for files larger than 10MB.

You could try to install ffmpegthumbnailer

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    To be honest I don't understand what you now have. Do you mean that you already had Samba package installed?

Keep in mind that by default Nautilus won't create thumbnails for files larger than 10MB.

You could try to install ffmpegthumbnailer
    Yes I have samba and permission

libxine1-ffmpeg?? I have it

If nautilus wont create thumbnails larger than 10 MB, how come I had thumbnails for videos 2gb before I reinstalled ubuntu 12.04? I also have a video 2mb and it didn't have a thumnail
    Last edited by ac98521; April 9th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

libxine1-ffmpeg?? I have it
    No, I'm not speaking of a single library.
    ffmpegthumbnailer is a video thumbnailer used to create thumbnails for video files. The thumbnailer uses ffmpeg to decode frames from the video files, so supported videoformats depend on the configuration flags of ffmpeg. It was designed to be as fast and lightweight as possible. The only dependencies are ffmpeg, libpng and libjpeg.

If nautilus wont create thumbnails larger than 10 MB, how come I had thumbnails for videos 2gb before I reinstalled ubuntu 12.04? I also have a video 2mb and it didn't have a thumnail
    I said that by default Nautilus won't create thumbnails for files larger than 10MB, but that's a customizable feature of Nautilus. To change it, open Nautilus and navigate to Edit -> Preferences -> Preview​.

Beans

No, I'm not speaking of a single library.
    ffmpegthumbnailer is a video thumbnailer used to create thumbnails for video files. The thumbnailer uses ffmpeg to decode frames from the video files, so supported videoformats depend on the configuration flags of ffmpeg. It was designed to be as fast and lightweight as possible. The only dependencies are ffmpeg, libpng and libjpeg.

still didn't work, preferences and ffmpeg failed. Do you think it was because I lack a plug in or something?

EDIT
    i found the answer
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/2608/...-without-totem

I know I sucked so much that you ran out of patience and time for helping man. Anyway thank you a lot If you were a woman I would've kissed you right now hahaha thank you so much
    Last edited by ac98521; April 10th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

still didn't work, preferences and ffmpeg failed. Do you think it was because I lack a plug in or something?

EDIT
    i found the answer
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/2608/...-without-totem
    Glad you got it working. Sometimes, with linux, it's just like that, trial and error.
    I know I sucked so much that you ran out of patience and time for helping man. Anyway thank you a lot If you were a woman I would've kissed you right now hahaha thank you so much
    Not only you didn't suck as I didn't ran out of patience. Thing was a deadline on a project which I had to fulfilled.

Anyway, now you can finally mark this thread as solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12