Thread: How to reset Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

How to reset Ubuntu 12.04

I want to reset it to the way it was before when I upgraded it from 11.10 to 12.04. I don't care about anything else, I just want it back to the way it was since I want all the files and folders to be back where they belong to. Thanks. My folders were misplaced so I need this

Beans

Re: How to reset Ubuntu 12.04

Can you give us more details? Which method did you use to upgrade? Which files/folders specifically are "misplaced"? When you followed the Ubuntu instructions for finding files what were the results?

To make your system go back exactly the way it was before, you'd need to reinstall 11.10 and then restore your files/documents/settings from the backup you made prior to upgrading. (You did make a backup, right?) But I do not recommend this, because support for 11.10 has ended and it is obsolete. Ubuntu is a rapidly-evolving project and we must accept a certain amount of change with each release or get left behind. The good news is that once you get used to 12.04, you'll have the option to stick with it until 2017 because it is a "long term support" release (11.10 wasn't)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: How to reset Ubuntu 12.04

You could DL the .iso, burn, and re install the OS. But like snowpine said, 12.04 is LTS and would be the better option for the support.
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/oneiric/
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/precise/ 12.04

edit: Don't forget to back up your data!
    Cheers!
    Phenom II X4 955 Denab BE OC 3.8mhz | 8gig G.Skill 1600 RAM | Corsair 750 PSU | XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 x2 | 1TB WD Black HDD Win7 | 160gig WD HDD Ubuntu 13.10
    --Feel like your question has been answered, mark as SOLVED!