Thread: OpenVPN server for beginners

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

OpenVPN server for beginners

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2650 with Ubuntu 10.04.4, and I would like to put a VPN server on it (preferably OpenVPN). I am currently using the free version of LogMeIn Hamachi, which is slow and the number of computers that can be connected to it is limited.

I would like to set up a VPN server with as little text editing as possible, because every time I try to do it my connections get messed up and my networking stops working (probably because I am doing it wrong).

Is there any way I can set up an OpenVPN server as an absolute beginner? For example, this tutorial is way too complicated for me.
    Feel free to add me on Skype for a quicker response, but tell me you're from the forums!
    Read the following if you want, but I'm warning you: it may be complete nonsense!

Beans

Re: OpenVPN server for beginners

~
    Last edited by ahallubuntu; June 25th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Here's the problem: the server must remain online, if I muck something up and don't know how to fix it, I cannot afford to shut it down and reinstall the OS.
    Feel free to add me on Skype for a quicker response, but tell me you're from the forums!
    Read the following if you want, but I'm warning you: it may be complete nonsense!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin194 View Post
    Here's the problem: the server must remain online, if I muck something up and don't know how to fix it, I cannot afford to shut it down and reinstall the OS.
    The concerns of network / system admins everywhere.
    See: Redundancy and if you want to get complicated...: Failover